Bengkung means a strip of cloth in the Indonesia language. Bengkung Belly Binding is a traditional Indonesian treatment of tightly wrapping a long strip of cloth, Stagan, around a woman’s middle section.
Bengkung works by twisting and weaving the strip of cloth tightly around a woman’s middle section and thighs so her muscles remain engaged and unmoving. After a woman has given birth, Bengkung Belly Binding has the below benefits:
- As little at 3 days a woman’s uterus can go through involution naturally. Involution is the process by which the uterus attempts to return to its normal prepregnancy size and condition.
- Helps reshape and support the postpartum pelvic organs and abdomen muscles closer into the body.
- It can help heal an incision from a Cesarean properly.
- Makes a body slimmer through the mid-section.
- It pulls the separated diastasis recti back together.
- Helps reshape the backbone and body posture.
This birth Doula is trained in Bengkung Belly Binding!! I am adding this to my birth Doula packages for my new mommas postpartum and adding it to my postpartum package for my non birth doula clients. My trainer, Nikia Lawson with Birth Blessings, wrapped me during my training and it felt amazing!! My abdomen had wonderful support, my posture felt great and I am 15+ years postpartum!! I am totally excited to start helping postpartum moms with this new treatment!!
I am accepting Bengkung Belly Binding clients in May, June, August-December 2016.
I am accepting birthing couples September, October, November 2016, January, February and March 2017.
Book your Bengkung Belly Binding treatment and birth Doula services today!!
Krisha Crosley CD(DONA), BBCD
Serenity Life Doula
Servicing the DFW, Texas and surrounding areas.